Grow India Capital Pvt. Ltd. (GIC) is an Investment Manager Company focused on early stage growth funding to companies across various sectors. We interact with academicians / technologists / inventors, entrepreneurs / business people / consultants and investors to forge winning partnerships that create value for all.
GIC seeks to act as a strategic partner to the investee companies providing high impact interventions to make them successful. We seek, in our investee, companies ambition and ability to scale up after having obtained product and/or market validation of their business model.
We are in the process of raising an early-stage, domestic venture capital fund to provide growth / scale up funding to startups and SMEs in India. The fund – Grow India Capital Fund -I (‘GICF-I’) is registered with SEBI under ‘Category – I AIF- Venture Capital Fund’.
GIC is the Sponsor as well as the Investment Manager for this fund. Our investors would include domestic financial institutions, corporates, family offices, venturing arms of MNCs, global development institutions and eminent individuals who have made, and desire to make, an impact on Indian economy.
Grow India Capital Fund – I
About the Fund
- Access to high quality deals through the wide network of management team and strategic tie-ups with incubators, academic institutions, government bodies and other funds.
- Robust and agile team with faster information collection and decision making.
- Key Terms of the Fund
- Fund Life: 7 years extendable by upto 2 years.
- Contribution: Minimum Rs. 1 Cr. and additional in multiples of Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Commitment Period: 36 months from the date of final closing.
- Drawdown: 20% upfront and balance in instalments.
- Investment Ticket Size: INR 50 Lakhs to 5 Cr. per investment.
- To invest in Early Growth Stage Funding required for scaling up of the investee.
- To invest in market validated products/services companies with existing business revenues and customers.
- With its strong network of Advisors and Mentors, Fund to proactively add value to the investee companies.
- To invest in a mix of B2B and B2C space.
- Company Criteria
- Products / Services should be completely developed and marketable.
- Market validation by means of significant customer base and business revenues.
- Proven track record and clean history, preferably for a year or more.
- Clear strategy and vision along with measurable goals in place to monitor and achieve growth.
- Growth Stage Criteria
- Early Stage Funding would be preferred.
- Company having rapid scale up / high growth would be preferred.
- Promoter Criteria
- Preference to pedigreed professionals.
- Sound Management teams having worked together for sufficient duration, with cross-functional expertise.
- Committed Promoters who have invested personal capital and are drawing substantial lower salaries.
- Ability to identify key business issues and devise appropriate marketable solutions.
- Acquisition by larger Competitor / Industry Leader.
- Exit to another PE fund/ Acquirer.
- Company / Management Buy Back.